Being kind to yourself is one of the best things that you can do, you will feel happier, lighter and your relationships will improve. So what better way to celebrate World Kindness day than being kind to yourself with our self – kindness tips that you can put into practice straight away.
- Give your body the TLC is deserves. Your body enables you to do so much everyday that we often take for granted, so why not make a real effort to give it the essentials it needs. Think nourishing your body will healthy nutritious food, drinking lots of water, exercising regularity, and getting enough sleep.
- Be your own best friend. When you talk to yourself, do so as if you were talking to your best friend, you might be surprised how tricky this is but this will definitely make you feel better and a great way to be kind to yourself.
- Set a low bar for happiness. You’ll find by doing this you will appreciate the small things much more. Having super high expectations for happiness every day could leave you being hard on yourself if you don’t reach them and feeling unhappy at the end of the day.
- Take a long hot bath with all the works… candles, relaxing music and a nice hot chamomile tea. This is a perfect way to unwind, release tension and allow yourself to take time out of your busy lifestyle, your mind and body will love you for it!
- Take a giggle – break. Call a friend, watch a sitcom, read a funny book anything that is guaranteed to make you giggle and sit back and enjoy the feel good hormones being released.
- Reduce your to do list. Make your to do list each day small and manageable, this is a real self-kindness winner! Being realistic with your to do list will make you feel great when you can complete all of your to dos and even better when you have time to add more!
Remember you are worth it so why not give yourself permission to be kind to yourself, start today and celebrate World Kindness day with us :)